- MSU hosts a small and diverse student body of 3,216.
- 2,956 students take undergraduate courses.
- Online learners pay the same low tuition rates, regardless of residency.
As a small, public institution, Minot State University offers a high-quality education at relatively low costs, especially for online students. The school also boasts low faculty-to-student ratios, which allows distance learners to receive individualized educations. Although the school is based in North Dakota, learners enroll from across the country.
Minot State University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Online undergraduate: $294.32 per credit.
- Online graduate: $369.72 per credit.
- One-time, new student fee: $65-$125.
Accreditation and Approvals
MSU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Many of the school's online degrees earn programmatic accreditation as well, including the following:
- Business: International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
- Nursing: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Human services: National Alliance of Direct Support Professionals
First-year learners must submit official high school transcripts with 2.0 GPAs or above, along with ACT or SAT scores. These candidates must earn a minimum ACT score of 17 or SAT scores of 900. Students who are 25 years old or older on the first day of classes can waive the exam requirement. Transfer students with fewer than 24 credits follow the same guidelines as freshmen. Transfer applicants with at least 24 credit hours must submit college transcripts with 2.0 GPAs or higher.
Graduate candidates must submit 500-word essays with their applications. Learners who want to earn a degree in psychology, communication disorders, or management must also send GRE or GMAT scores. All graduate applicants must send undergraduate transcripts from accredited universities that show GPAs of 2.75 or higher.
- Public university founded in 1913.
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1.
- 60% of students are female.
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 70%
- Required Standardized Test: ACT or SAT
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 69%
- Graduation Rate: 42.4%
- Athletics: NAIA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
- Mascot: Beavers
- Colors: Red, green, and black
- Address: 500 University Avenue, West Minot, ND 58707
- Phone Number: (800) 777-0750
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
Minot State University Online Degrees Offered
- 11 bachelor's programs
- Five master's degrees
- Seven graduate certificates.
MSU also offers seven undergraduate minors and six concentrations through distance education.