Midway University Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Students can earn college credit for prior learning, including for military service and credit by examination.
- The school is within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) tradition, but welcomes learners of all faiths.
- Midway is a small private school with just 1,668 learners.
Established in 1847 as the Kentucky Female Orphan School, its original mission was to help young women in the state learn to read and write. While MU's online and evening classes have always been coeducational, in 2016 this inclusivity finally extended to its on campus courses. Today, Midway remains a small, intimate setting for learners, while students adhere to the school's Christian roots through on-campus traditions.
Midway University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Full-time undergraduate on campus: $12,250 per semester.
- Most online programs: $425 per credit.
- Online RN-to-BSN: $404 per credit.
Accreditation and Approvals
Midway is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
The bachelor's and master's nursing programs earn accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
The Kentucky Educational and Professional Standards Board oversees the education programs.
AdmissionsFirst-time undergraduate candidates submit ACT scores of at least 18 -- or the equivalent for the SAT. However, the school waives this requirement for candidates older than 24. Applicants must also have high school diplomas with at least 2.5 GPAs or GREs with scores of at least 660. Transfer undergraduate students with fewer than 24 credits must meet the same standards.
Learners who transfer more than 24 credits to Midway should submit college transcripts with GPAs of at least 2.0. Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited school. Some master's programs have additional requirements, such as 3.0 GPAs. Midway does not require GMAT or GRE scores.
- 26% of learners come from states other than Kentucky.
- 63% of the students are female.
- 90% of degree candidates earn some type of financial assistance.
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 80%
- Required Standardized Test: ACT or SAT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 45.6%
- Graduation Rate: 43.3%
- Athletics: NAIA, River States Conference
- Mascot: Eagles
- Colors: Blue and gold
- Address: 512 E Stephens St, Midway, KY 40347
- Phone Number: (800) 952-4122
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Midway University Online Degrees Offered
- Two associate degrees online
- 25 bachelor's degrees online
- Three master's degrees online
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.