Mercy College Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Mercy College's Dobbs Ferry campus is scenically located on the Hudson River.
- Tuition costs at Mercy College are significantly lower than other private colleges in the area.
- Mercy College offered its first graduate program (in nursing) in 1981.
Mercy College, a private nonprofit university in New York, was founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1950. Committed to forward-thinking and innovation, the college declared itself independent, nonsectarian, and coeducational over the next 50 years. Today, Mercy College is not religiously affiliated, and offers a number of undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs, both on its four campuses and online. The college consists of 5 schools—School of Business, School of Education, School of Health and Natural Sciences, School of Liberal Arts, and School of Social and Behavioral Sciences—and serves around 10,000 students. With 40 online degree programs, Mercy College is invested in innovative distance education.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
Mercy College is regionally accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Undergraduate tuition — $761 per credit hour
- Graduate tuition — $857-$984 per credit hour (varies by degree program)
Mercy College's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Mercy College is SAT/ACT optional, so freshman applicants are not required to submit standardized test scores. Applicants must submit official transcripts, and some programs may require an interview or additional documentation.
Mercy College accepts transfer students with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher with 12 or more transferable credits from their previous college or university. All students are encouraged to apply as Mercy College does consider other factors in the admission decision including professional experience and extracurricular activities. Some programs may have additional requirements for transfer applicants.
International applicants must also include foreign academic credential evaluation (and/or official American transcripts), as well as proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 10,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 17 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 88%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 11%
- Founded: 1950
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 72%
- Required Standardized Test(s): Optional
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 78%
- Graduation Rate: 39%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $761/ $761
- Graduate: $857-$984/ $857-984 (varies by degree program)
- Athletics: NCAA Division II
- Mascot: Mavericks
- Colors: Blue and White
- Address: 555 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry, NY
- Phone Number: (800) 637-2969
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.