Loyola University Chicago Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Provides credit for life experiences
- Offers credit for military training
- More than 150,000 living alumni
- Offers rolling admissions
- Some accelerated programs
Loyola University Chicago, a private university founded in 1870, has a long history of quality online education – offering its first online degree in 1998. Among the largest Catholic universities in the nation, Loyola emphasizes the Jesuit tradition of service that promotes justice, commitment to excellence, global awareness, and values-based leadership. Loyola Online features high-quality, rigorous, learner-centered courses designed to prepare graduates for a range of career and further educational opportunities. Online students can choose from seven bachelor's degree completion programs, 21 graduate and doctoral programs and a host of certificates.
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges for 2019
- Ranked #2 among The Best Online Colleges in Illinois
- Ranked among The 40 Best Bachelor's in Social Work Degree Programs
Loyola University Chicago Online Degrees
Loyola University Chicago's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Loyola University Chicago is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Admissions and Transfer Info
Loyola University Chicago's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Bachelor degree applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary schools they've attended.
Those without previous college coursework must submit high school transcripts or GED certification.
Loyola also may require SAT/ACT scores and letters of recommendation from undergraduate applicants.
Graduate degree applicants must hold a bachelor's degree. They also must submit transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample.
Depending on the program, Loyola also requires applicant to have relevant work experience.
- Accreditation: Regional (Higher Learning Commission)
- Region: Midwest
- Retention Rate: 83%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 71%
- Graduation Rate: 77%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergraduate: $788/ $788
Graduate: $949–$1,840/ $777–$896
- Address: 1032 W. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL 60660 USA
- Student population: About 16,400
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 14 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 98%
Online Degrees at Loyola University Chicago
Significant Loyola University Chicago online degree rankings:
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- BA in Applied Communication
- BA in Applied Criminal Justice Leadership
- BA in Applied Psychology
- BA in Applied Studies
- BA in Applied Studies with Applied Pastoral Leadership Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Computer Science Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Corporate Practice Paralegal Studies
- BA in Applied Studies with Health Systems Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Litigation and Corporate Practice Paralegal Studies Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Litigation Practice Paralegal Studies Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Organizational Development and Leadership Certificate
- BA in Applied Studies with Organizational Psychology Certificate
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Information Technology
- BA in Management
- RN to BSN
Online Master’s Degree Programs
- LLM in Business Law
- LLM in Business Law: Compliance
- LLM in Global Competition Law
- LLM in Health Law
- MA in Bioethics and Health Policy
- MA in Healthcare Mission Leadership
- MA in Pastoral Studies
- MA in Pastoral Studies: Church Management
- MA in Pastoral Studies: Digital Communication
- MA in Pastoral Studies: Healthcare Chaplaincy
- MA in Pastoral Studies: Religious Education
- MPH in Public Health Policy and Management
- MJ in Business Law
- MJ in Children's Law and Policy
- MJ in Global Competition Law
- MJ in Health Law
- MS in Information Technology
- MSN Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist with Oncology Specialty
- MSN in Health Systems Management
- MSN in Health Systems Management: Healthcare Informatics
- MSN in Health Systems Management: Outcomes Performance Management
- MSN in Population:Based Infection Control and Environmental Safety
Online Doctorate Degree Program
Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Advanced School Mental Health Practice
- Business Communication
- Clinical Bioethics
- Clinical Bioethics: Catholic Healthcare Ethics
- Computer Science
- Healthcare Ministry Leadership
- Healthcare Informatics
- Oncology Nursing
- Organizational Development and Leadership
- Organizational Psychology
- Outcomes Performance Management
- Paralegal Corporate Practice
- Paralegal Customized
- Paralegal Litigation Practice
- Paralegal Litigation Practice and Paralegal Corporate Practice Dual
- Population-Based Infection Control and Environmental Safety
- Public Health
- Public Relations in a Digital World
Online Graduate Certificate Programs
- Religious Education
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist with Oncology Specialty
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.