Lamar University, a public, coeducational, research university founded in 1923, awards a variety of bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees through five academic colleges. A member of the Texas State University System, Lamar University enrolls nearly 15,000 students.
Lamar University's offerings include over 20 online programs, including more than a dozen bachelor's degree programs in areas such as sociology, criminal justice, industrial technology, and management.
LU Online offers more than a dozen master's degree programs in areas such as business administration, counseling, and teacher leadership, as well as a doctorate in educational leadership, and three graduate certificates.
Lamar University offers courses in traditional fifteen-week sessions, as well as accelerated eight-week sessions. Students also can choose from multiple start dates each year.
Lamar University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) also provides accreditation to Lamar University’s College of Business.
Lamar University Featured in TBS Rankings
Online Bachelor Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Computer Science Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 30 Best Online Bachelor of Criminal Justice Degree Programs
Online Master's Degrees
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Master in Criminal Justice Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Master's in Educational Administration Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Master in Nursing Administration Degree Program
- Ranked among The 10 Best Online Master's in School Counseling Degree Programs
(In-State/Out-of-State) Undergrad: $404/$893