Johns Hopkins University Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Johns Hopkins University notable alumni include doctors, Pulitzer Prize winners, politicians, Emmy winners, and CEOs.
- The school provides massive open online courses (MOOCs) online for free through Coursera.
- Tuition rates are the same regardless of a student's residency.
Established in 1876, Johns Hopkins University is the country's first research university. Today, the university continues its innovation and ground-breaking research. With a faculty-to-student ratio of 7:1, each learner receives one-on-one attention from some of the leading thinkers in their fields.
Johns Hopkins University Recognized as an Online College Leader
TBS has recognized JHU as a leader of online education in the area of science & engineering for having several ranking online programs, offered by the Whiting School of Engineering.
Whiting School of Engineering
The Whiting School of Engineering at Johns Hopkins University offers wide variety of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in engineering fields. Students may pursue diverse topics such as biomedical engineering, data science, cybersecurity, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, engineering management, and systems engineering. With world-class faculty and plenty of labs and research centers, the school provides a strong education in whatever field students wish to advance in. The school's Engineering for Professionals programs serve the needs of busy, working students through part-time and online degree options.
The Whiting School of Engineering offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
Johns Hopkins University Admissions, Accreditation, and Tuition Info
Johns Hopkins makes free Coursera classes available to anyone with no application required. Johns Hopkins University acceptance rate for undergraduate students is around 13%. Undergraduate candidates should submit applications through the Coalition for College application, the Common Application, or the Universal College Application systems. The school does not publish minimum GPA or entrance exam scores. Instead, they evaluate prospective students based on these factors and their personal essays. Each graduate school at Johns Hopkins posts its own admissions requirements.
Accreditation and Approvals
Johns Hopkins is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The school also earns programmatic and specialized accreditation for dozens of programs, including from the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education, Council on Education for Public Health, and Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Undergraduate: $48,645-$53,740 per year
- Master's: $39,336-$67,680 per year
- Doctoral: $30,978-$54,144 per year
- The average financial aid package for freshmen averages $40,617 per year.
- Founded in 1876
- The university meets 100% of financial need for accepted learners.
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 96%
- Required Standardized Test: Varies by college
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofits
- Acceptance Rate: 12%
- Graduation Rate: 93.1%
- Athletics: Division III, Centennial Conference
- Mascot: Blue Jay
- Colors: Blue and White
- Address: 333 Cassell Dr # 3000, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Phone Number: (410) 558-5200
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Johns Hopkins University Online Degrees Offered
- JHU offers five fully online bachelor's programs in engineering or computer science.
- The school also provides 42 online certificate programs in various topics and educational levels.
- Master's-level learners can choose between 51 unique programs
- Doctoral candidates have 10 options.
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.