- Three campus sites in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Seattle.
- Students can pursue all undergraduate programs and most graduate programs online.
- California's fourth-oldest private institution.
- Profession-oriented university dedicated to helping adults reach their career aspirations.
When Golden Gate University began offering degrees in 1901, it became California's first evening law school. The law school's first graduating class comprised just four students, and now the university educates 5,000 students across law, taxation, management, and business. Today, Golden Gate's graduates join an extensive alumni network of around 70,000 people.
A pioneer in convenient, web-based education, Golden Gate University launched its first online program in 1996. Today, students can complete nearly all of Golden Gate's academic programs, including bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and certificates, in an online format.
Golden Gate University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admission Info
- Undergraduate: $1,980 per course
- Graduate (varies by program): $1,350-$5,000 per course
Accreditation and Approvals
Golden Gate University is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission. Golden Gate University School of Law maintains approval by the American Bar Association, the California State Bar, and the American Association of Law Schools.
Graduate applicants must hold bachelor's degrees from regionally accredited institutions. They must submit official transcripts along with standardized test scores for some programs. Optionally, a prospective graduate student can submit a personal statement.
Undergraduate applicants with at least 24 college-level credits must submit college transcripts. Those with fewer than 24 transferable credits must submit high school transcripts or General Educational Development test results. Undergraduate applicants do not need to report SAT or ACT scores.
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 14:1
- Percentage of graduate students enrolled in at least some distance education: 47%
- Percentage of undergraduates enrolled in at least some distance education: 95%
- Date founded: 1901
- Accreditation: WASC Senior College and University Commission
- Required Standardized Test(s): GMAT or GRE for some graduate programs
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Mascot: Griffin
- Colors: Blue and white
- Address: 536 Mission Street San Francisco, CA 94105
- Phone Number: (415) 442-7800
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Golden Gate University offers:
- One online associate program
- 20 online bachelor's programs
- 32 online master's programs
- 34 online certificates
Golden Gate University Rankings on TBS
- The Best Online Colleges in California for 2018
- The 10 Best Online Bachelor's in International Business Programs
- The 15 Best Online Bachelor's in Business Intelligence Programs
- The 20 Best Online Master’s in Finance Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master's in Psychology Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Counseling Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master’s in Marketing Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Management Programs