- Georgia's largest higher education institution south of Atlanta.
- Military-friendly university that offers tuition assistance and other services to active duty service members, veterans, military family members, and spouses. Active duty service members can apply for free.
- Three campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville.
A member of the University System of Georgia, Georgia Southern University was founded in 1906 as a land grant college. Today, the school offers 141 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs through several schools and colleges. Close to 26,500 students from all U.S. states and 102 countries study at Georgia Southern.
One of the largest and most comprehensive universities in Georgia, the university operates dozens of centers and institutes along with robust online offerings. Online learners can earn undergraduate and graduate degrees in many fields, including information technology, education, business, and nursing.
Georgia Southern University's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Georgia Southern is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. The school also holds specialized accreditation from numerous bodies, including the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, the National Association of Schools of Music, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, the Council on Education for Public Health, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Accreditation Council for Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Undergraduate online: $159-195 per credit hour
- Graduate online: $358-$527 per credit hour
- Online MBA: $739 per credit hour
Undergraduate applicants submit official transcripts and ACT or SAT scores. Each applicant must provide a list of their high school senior year courses.
Prospective graduate students must satisfy different requirements based on their schools of choice. They must submit official transcripts and resumes, and some programs require standardized exam scores, professional experience, or personal essays.
- Percentage of graduate students enrolled only in distance education: 47%
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 21:1
- Percentage of full-time beginning undergraduates receiving any financial aid: 90%
- Date founded: 1906
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 79%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT for undergraduate programs; GMAT or GRE for some graduate programs
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 68%
- Graduation Rate: 50%
- Athletics: NCAA Division I Sun Belt Conference
- Mascot: Eagles
- Colors: Blue and white
- Address: 1332 Southern Drive Statesboro, GA 30458
- Phone Number: 912-478-4636
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Georgia Southern University offers:
- Three online bachelor's degrees
- 21 online master's degrees
- 25 online graduate certificates
- Six online professional degrees
- Two online doctorates