- Prepares students for success through Christian-inspired higher education.
- Over 75% of faculty hold a terminal degree in their field.
- Offers six institutional scholarships ranging in value from $5,000 to $18,000.
Gardner-Webb University, a Baptist institution situated on a 225-acre campus in Boiling Springs, North Carolina, serves around 4,500 students through five professional schools, two academic colleges, and 13 academic departments. Students can select from close to 80 undergraduate and graduate programs of study, including many online options. The school offers several online bachelor's degrees through GOAL - The Degree Completion Program.
Founded as Boiling Springs High School more than a century ago, Gardner-Webb has become one of only three private, Carnegie-classified doctoral universities in North Carolina.
Gardner-Webb University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admission Info
- Undergraduate on-campus: $15,610 per semester
- Undergraduate online: $435-468 per credit hour
- Graduate: $455-$705 per credit hour
Accreditation and Approvals
Gardner-Webb is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. The School of Divinity holds accreditation from the Association of Theological Schools Commission on Accrediting, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education accredits Gardner-Webb's education program.
The school's music programs hold accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Music. Select programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, or the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
Prospective first-year students must submit official high school transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, and online applications. On average, an admitted first-year student holds a 3.72 GPA along with a 1015 on the SAT or a 22 on the ACT.
Gardner-Webb University admissions requirements for graduate applicants vary by program. At minimum, each applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and submit an official postsecondary transcript. Some programs require letters of reference, minimum undergraduate grades, or standardized test scores.
- Percentage of undergraduates enrolled exclusively online: 26%
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
- Percentage of full-time beginning undergraduates receiving any financial aid: 100%
- Date founded: 1905
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 71%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT for undergraduate programs; GRE, MAT, or GMAT for some graduate programs
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 53%
- Graduation Rate: 49%
- Athletics: NCAA Division I Big South Conference
- Mascot: Runnin' Bulldogs
- Colors: Scarlet and black
- Address: 110 S. Main St., P.O. Box 997, Boiling Springs, NC 28017
- Phone Number: (704) 406-4000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Gardner-Webb University Online Degrees Offered
- 14 online bachelor's degrees
- 10 online master's degrees
- Four online graduate certificates
- One online doctoral degree
Gardner-Webb University Rankings on TBS
Online Bachelor's Degree Rankings
- The 10 Best Online Bachelor's in Entrepreneurship Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor's in Elementary Education Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor's in Healthcare Management Degree Programs
- The 40 Best Online Bachelor's in Education Programs
Online Master's Degree Rankings
- The 20 Best Online MBA in Management Information Systems Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online MBA in International Business Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Gifted & Talented Education Programs