Franklin University Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Accepts applications year-round and processes applications within 48 hours.
- Nearly 45,000-member alumni network.
- More than 25 campus locations throughout the Midwest.
Franklin University, founded over 115 years ago as a school of commerce associated with the YMCA, continuously added various bachelor’s programs, master’s programs, and online courses over time. The school introduced its first online class in 1998 and currently offers numerous web-based courses and programs. Students can complete any of Franklin’s programs online, and the university offers more web-based options than on-site programs. Online learners can select from a variety of associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and certificates.
Franklin University Recognized as an Online College Leader
TBS has recognized Franklin University as a leader of online education in the areas of business & management, computers & technology, and criminal justice & legal for having several ranking online programs, offered by the Ross College of Business and the College of Arts, Sciences, and Technology.
Ross College of Business
The Ross College of Business at Franklin University offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in diverse areas of business. Entry-level students and seasoned professionals alike can pursue a wide range of topics of study, including accounting, management, entrepreneurship, logistics, marketing, operations and supply chain management, business administration, human resources management, and risk management. The college serves traditional and non-traditional students through flexible online programs, professional experience opportunities, and access to research centers.
The Ross College of Business offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
College of Arts, Sciences, and Technology
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Technology at Franklin University offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in diverse areas of study. Students can pursue a wide range of topics, communications, public relations, interactive media design, information technology, computer science, and cybersecurity. The college dedicates its programs to developing the knowledge and skills necessary in some of the most in-demand professional fields today. The college serves traditional and non-traditional students through flexible online programs, professional experience opportunities, and access to research centers
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Technology offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
Franklin University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admission Info
- Undergraduate: $526 per credit hour
- Graduate: $670 per credit hour
- Doctoral: $748 per credit hour
Accreditation and Approvals
Franklin is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university’s business programs hold accreditation from the International Accreditation Council for Business Education. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education accredits Franklin’s bachelor of science (BS) and master of science in nursing programs. The BS in health information management maintains accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education.
Undergraduate applicants must submit high school or college transcripts. Franklin requires some applicants, especially those without prior college credits, to take placement exams in English, writing, and mathematics. Prospective students can earn credits through placement tests, work experience, and training.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Each candidate must also hold at least a 2.75 undergraduate GPA. Applicants without a 2.75 GPA may need to submit Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores. The school also considers graduate applicants’ work experience and professional references.
- Percentage of undergraduates enrolled exclusively online: 79%
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
- Percentage of full-time beginning undergraduates receiving any financial aid: 58%
- Date founded: 1902
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 20%
- Required Standardized Test(s): GMAT or GRE for graduate programs
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: Open admission policy
- Graduation Rate: 9.1%
- Address: 201 S Grant Ave. Columbus, OH 43215
- Phone Number: (614) 797-4700
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Franklin University Online Degrees Offered
- Eight associate degrees
- 36 bachelor’s degrees
- 12 master’s degrees
- Four doctoral degrees
- Two undergraduate certificates
- Three graduate certificates
Franklin University Rankings on TBS
Online Associate Degree Rankings
Online Bachelor’s Degree Rankings
- The 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Communications and Public Relations
- The Best Online Bachelor’s in Mobile Development Programs
- The Best Online Bachelor’s in Multimedia Design Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Human Resources Degree Programs
- The 10 Best Online Bachelor’s in Web Development Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor’s in Finance Programs
- The 19 Best Online Bachelor’s in Public Administration Programs
- The 19 Best Online Bachelor’s in Public Relations Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s in Computer Science Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s in Law Enforcement Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor’s in Cybercrime Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor’s in Network Security Programs
- The 4 Best Online Bachelor’s in Web Design Programs
- The 40 Best Online Bachelor’s in Homeland Security Programs
Online Master’s Degree Rankings
Online Doctorate Degree Rankings
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.