Fort Hays State University, a public, coeducational university founded in 1902, enrolls about 11,200 students across five colleges. Fort Hays State University, governed by the Kansas Board of Regents, offers about 80 majors leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Fort Hays State University offers over 50 online programs through its Virtual College. Often the same faculty teach the online and on-campus courses.
Virtual College students can complete two online associate's degrees in general studies and applied technology, as well as 14 online bachelor's degrees ranging from business education to information networking to medical diagnostic imaging.
Students can pursue 16 online master's degrees in areas such as health and human performance, liberal studies, and special education. Fort Hays State University's Virtual College also offers an online doctorate of nursing practice program, three educational specialist programs, and a variety of certificate programs.
Students can earn most degrees completely online, but some degrees do require on-campus courses.
Fort Hays State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Fort Hays State University-Virtual College Featured in TBS Rankings
Online Bachelor Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Political Science Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Bachelor of Sociology Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Bachelor in Hospitality Management Degree Programs
- Ranked among The Best Online Early Childhood Education Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Communications and Public Relations
Online Master's Degrees
- Ranked among The 20 Best Online Master in Nursing Administration Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online MBA in Healthcare Management Degree Programs
- Ranked among The 25 Best Online Master's in Educational Administration Degree Programs
(In-State/Out-of-State) Undergrad: $270/$270