- Since 2003, 126 Fordham University students have received Fulbright Scholarships.
- Fordham is one of 107 universities in the U.S. classified as a doctoral university with high research activity by Carnegie Classifications.
- Fordham University has 23 men's and women's varsity sports teams.
Founded in 1841, Fordham University is a Jesuit, Catholic, private, nonprofit university. Offering students a close-knit community in New York City, the university offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs. With three campuses and two other locations, as well as online classes and six online degree programs, Fordham offers students flexibility when it comes to location. With four undergraduate schools—Fordham College at Lincoln Center, Fordham College at Rose Hill, Gabelli School of Business, and Professional and Continuing Studies—and six graduate schools—Arts and Sciences, Education, Gabelli School of Business, Religion and Religious Education, School of Law, and Social Service—Fordham University enrolls around 16,000 students.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
Fordham University is regionally accredited by Middle States Association of the Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Undergraduate tuition — $1,655 per credit hour
- Graduate tuition — $876-$1,471 per credit hour (varies by degree program)
Fordham University's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Freshman applicants must submit ACT/SAT scores, official transcripts, and a letter of recommendation.
Transfer applicants must submit a final high school transcript, official college transcripts, a college report filled out by a college official, and a mid-term report filled out by professors. If a transfer student has completed less than 30 hours of college credit or one year of college courses, they must also submit ACT/SAT scores.
International students must also submit proof of English language proficiency.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Student population: About 16,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 14 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 91%
- Out-of-State Undergraduates: 58%
- Founded: 1841
- Accreditation: Middle States Association of the Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 91%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 45%
- Graduation Rate: 80%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State):
- Undergraduate: $1,655/ $1,655
- Graduate: $876-$1,471/ $876-$1,471 (varies by degree program)
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Rams
- Colors: Maroon and White
- Address: 441 E. Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10458
- Phone Number: (718) 817-1000