- Offers tuition discounts to active-duty military members, members of the National Guard, and military spouses.
- No application fee for distance learners.
- New online terms begin every eight weeks.
Fisher College, a private institution based in Boston, Massachusetts, operates satellite campuses across the state in North Attleboro, Brockton, and New Bedford. Fisher also offers dozens of distance programs through its division of accelerated and professional studies. Online students pursue undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and certificates through six eight-week terms each year.
Fisher began as a business school more than 100 years ago and currently educates students across many disciplines, including advertising, healthcare, journalism, and software engineering. In total, the school offers over 30 programs to around 2,500 students.
Fisher College's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Fisher College is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. Fisher's School of Management and Communications maintains accreditation by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education, while the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education accredits the college's health information technology and health information management programs. The bachelor of science in nursing program holds accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Undergraduate on-campus tuition: $30,389 per year
- Online: $390.66 per credit hour
- Online MBA: $609 per credit hour
Undergraduate applicants must submit applications, SAT or ACT scores, and official transcripts from all colleges and high schools attended. Those who have taken the General Educational Development exam must submit official test scores.
Prospective graduate students must forward transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. They must also submit an essay, a current resume, and two letters of recommendation. The school accepts but does not require scores for the Graduate Management Admission Test, Management Aptitude Test, or Graduate Record Examinations. Each graduate program requires an undergraduate GPA of either 2.7 or 3.0, and some programs enforce additional requirements. Acceptance into the master of arts in counseling psychology program requires an interview.
- Percentage of undergraduates enrolled exclusively online: 32%
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 16:1
- Date founded: 1903
- Accreditation: New England Commission of Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 60%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 66%
- Graduation Rate: 32%
- Athletics: NAIA Division II
- Mascot: Falcons
- Colors: Blue and white
- Address: 118 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Phone Number: (617) 236-8800
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Fisher College offers:
- Seven online associate degrees
- 17 online bachelor's degrees
- Three online master's degrees
- Two online certificates