- Residential campuses in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona, as well as more than 135 remote learning locations across the globe.
- Partnerships with organizations including NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, and Diamond Aircraft.
- Boasts discounts for active-duty military members and veterans, along with campuses at over 90 military installations.
Embry-Riddle University, a private university system specializing in aerospace and aviation education, established itself in 1926 as a flying school and officially became a four-year university in 1968. Today, the school offers aviation-focused programs, in addition to providing education spanning arts and sciences, business, engineering, technology, and intelligence.
Embry-Riddle enrolls more than 30,000 students through its nearly 100 academic programs. The school offers online programs from the certificate to the doctoral levels through its Worldwide Campus. Online students can study subjects including aerospace engineering, aviation business administration, cybersecurity, and homeland security.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admission Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Embry-Riddle is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Select programs offered through the Worldwide Campus also maintain accreditation by the Aviation Accreditation Board International, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center, or the Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
- Undergraduate: $390 per credit hour
- Master's: $665-$1,000 per credit hour
- Doctoral: $1,130 per credit hour
Prospective undergraduates must submit official high school transcripts (or equivalent) and must demonstrate GPAs of at least 2.5. They must also submit two letters of recommendation. The school strongly recommends students submit SAT or ACT scores and a short personal essay.
Each graduate applicant must submit official undergraduate transcripts and show a 2.5 GPA or higher. An applicant with some graduate school education must hold at least a 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Date founded: 1926
- Size of alumni network: over 130,000
- Employment/graduate school acceptance rate (within one year after graduation): 96%
- Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 52%
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 63%
- Graduation Rate: 25%
- Athletics: NCAA Division II; NAIA
- Mascot: Eagles
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- Address: 600 S Clyde Morris Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Phone Number: (800) 222-6000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter
Online Degrees Offered
- Four online certificates
- Six online associate degrees
- 16 online bachelor's degrees
- 20 online master's degrees
- One online Ph.D.