- Founded in 1925 as Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, the collegiate division began in 1932 and was chartered as a 4-year college in 1952. The college became Eastern College in 1972 and Eastern University in 2001.
- Offers a wide variety of on-campus and online courses in undergraduate, adult undergraduate, and graduate degree programs.
- 97% of undergraduate students receive financial aid and scholarships.
Eastern University is a co-educational, comprehensive Christian university that integrates faith, reason and justice for its 3,500 students. Located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the university offers nationally-recognized undergraduate and graduate programs. Eastern is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA and has an interdenominational Christian student body, faculty and administration.
Accreditation, Tuition & Admissions
Accreditation and Approvals
Eastern University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) among other accreditations.
- Undergraduate tuition — $32,492 per year
- Graduate tuition — $707 per credit hour
Eastern University's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Our admissions department offers rolling admissions, and undergraduate applicants may, but are not required to, submit ACT/SAT scores in addition to their high school transcripts and academic reference.
Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
International students also must submit proof of English language proficiency, an affidavit of financial support, and a supporting bank letter.
Graduate admissions requirements vary based on program.
- Eastern University is a distinctly Christian university
- Student population: About 3,500
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 10 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 96%
- 20 men's and women's NCAA Division III sports in the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC)
- 86% of Class of 2017 traditional undergraduate survey respondents completed an internship, practicum, or student teaching experience while at Eastern.
- Founded: 1925
- Undergraduate retention rate of 75%
- Optional Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Private Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 85%
- Cost Per Credit:
- Undergraduate: $712
- Graduate: $707
- Athletics: NCAA Division III
- Mascot: Eagle
- Colors: Maroon and Gray
- Address: 1300 Eagle Road, St. David's PA, 19131
- Phone Number: 610-341-5800
Eastern University Featured on TBS
- The Best Online Colleges in Pennsylvania for 2018
- The 30 Best Online Christian Colleges
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor's in Organizational Leadership Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master's in English Language Learning Programs
- The Best Online Master's in Economics Programs
- The 10 Best Online Doctorate in Organizational Leadership Degree Programs