Eastern Kentucky University Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
Eastern Kentucky University is a student-centered, comprehensive regional university dedicated to high-quality instruction, service and scholarship.
With roots back to 1874 and from its establishment in 1906 as a normal school that prepared schoolteachers, the University has grown to provide more than 100 in-demand degree programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels. Today, EKU’s approximately 17,000 students come from every U.S. state and dozens of countries.
EKU, which achieved university status in 1966, is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and dozens of individual programs of study are professionally accredited by some of the nation’s leading councils and industry groups.
The University’s main campus is centered in scenic Richmond, Kentucky. With 15 NCAA athletic teams, 230 student organizations, a fully equipped fitness center (complete with a popular indoor rock climbing wall) and frequent festivals, live performances and social gatherings, there’s plenty to do on campus outside of academic pursuits. Students who live on campus have 12 residence halls with many different traditional-, suite- and apartment-style rooms to choose from.
Additionally, many students choose the convenience of the University’s regional Kentucky campuses, located in Danville, Corbin, Manchester and Lancaster. And online learning is available for added convenience, extending the University’s global reach. Since 2007, enrollment in EKU’s online courses has grown from 165 students to approximately 3,300. EKU Online offers more than 30 online undergraduate and graduate degree options in a variety of fields.
More than 135,000 successful alumni worldwide have distinguished themselves in virtually every profession. Underscoring the University’s legacy as a “School of Opportunity,” many of EKU’s successful alumni were the first in their families to attend college. That still describes approximately 30 percent of EKU students.
In recent years, under the leadership of President Michael T. Benson, the University has been revitalizing its campus and infrastructure, resulting in new, modern residence halls, green spaces and academic facilities, with much more to come. Though the face of campus is changing quickly, EKU remains true to its roots as a friendly, welcoming place that is known for high-quality instruction and an unwavering commitment to student success.
Eastern Kentucky University Recognized as an Online College Leader
TBS has recognized EKU as a leader of online education in the areas of criminal justice & legal and education & teaching for having several ranking online programs, offered by the folling EKU departments:
Department of Government
The Department of Government, part of the Eastern Kentucky University College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs in topics including paralegal studies, political science, and public administration. With core curricula that blend theory and practice, online degree programs, and professional experience opportunities, the department provides flexible paths for traditional and non-traditional students alike. The Department of Government's paralegal programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
The Department of Government offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management
The Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management, part of the Eastern Kentucky University College of Justice and Safety, offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs for students seeking a diverse careers in public safety, emergency management and service, and national security. The department offers options for study in areas including emergency medical care, fire protection administration, arson investigation, homeland security, occupational safety, and traffic safety. The department provides professional experience opportunities and online degree programs, so students can gain the practical knowledge and skills they need in flexible formats and get started on their careers.
The Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
Department of Criminal Justice
The Department of Criminal Justice, part of the College of Justice and Safety at Eastern Kentucky University, offers undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates in various aspects of the criminal justice field, including police studies, criminal justice, corrections and juvenile justice, and policy and leadership. Students seeking a variety of criminal justice careers, including police officer, investigator, and corrections officer, benefit from professional experience opportunities and flexible online degree program options.
The Department of Criminal Justice offers online degree programs featured in the following rankings:
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology, part of the Eastern Kentucky University College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in topics including general psychology, forensic psychology, developmental disabilities, child and family psychology, cognitive sciences, and animal studies. With core curricula that blend theory and practice, online degree programs, and professional experience opportunities, the department provides flexible paths for traditional and non-traditional students alike toward a diverse selection of psychology careers.
The Department of Psychology offers an online degree program featured in the following ranking:
|Requires ACT or SAT||SAT or ACT|
|Cost Per Credit
Address: 521 Lancaster Ave, Richmond, KY 40475, USA">521 Lancaster Ave, Richmond, KY 40475 Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in Kentucky
Eastern Kentucky University Online Degrees
Online Associate Degree Programs
- A in General Studies: Security Management
- A in Police Studies
- A in General Studies
- A in General Studies: Homeland Security
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- BA in Communication Studies
- BA in General Studies
- BA in Paralegal Science
- BA in Political Science
- BBA in Risk Management and Insurance
- BS in Child and Family Studies
- BS in Child and Family Studies - Child Development
- BS in Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies
- BS in Emergency Medical Care - Emergency Services Administration
- BS in Fire Protection Administration
- BS in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology
- BS in Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation
- BS in Homeland Security
- RN to BSN: Accelerated Path
- RN to BSN: Traditional Path
- BS in Occupational Safety
- BS in Police Studies
- BS in Psychology: Autism Spectrum Disorders
- BS in Psychology: Brain and Cognitive Science
- BS in Psychology: Child and Family Psychology
- BS in Psychology: Forensic Psychology
- BS in Psychology: General
- BS in Psychology: Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- BS in Psychology: Substance Abuse
- BS in Psychology: Workplace Psychology
- BS in Sport Management
Online Master’s Degree Programs
- M in Justice, Policy, and Leadership
- MA in Education
- MA in Education: Elementary Education
- MA in Education: Gifted Education
- MA in Education: Instructional Leadership
- MA in Education: Instructional Leadership - Safety and Facilities Management in Educational Settings
- MA in Education: Literacy P-12
- MA in Education: Middle Grades Education
- MA in Education: Special Education (Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
- MA in Education: Special Education (Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education)
- MA in Education: Special Education (Learning and Behavior Disorders)
- MA in Education: School Media Librarian (P-12)
- MA in Teaching
- MA in Teaching: Elementary Education (MAT)
- MA in Teaching: Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- MA in Teaching: Secondary Education
- MMus in Music Education
- MSN in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- MSN in Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Safety, Security & Emergency Management
- MS in Safety, Security & Emergency Management: Emergency Management
- MS in Safety, Security & Emergency Management: Homeland Security
- MS in Safety, Security & Emergency Management: Occupational Safety
- M in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- MPA in Community Development
- MPA: Customizable
Online Doctorate Degree Programs
- BS in Occupational Therapy to DOT
- MS in Occupational Therapy to DOT
Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
- Correctional Intervention Strategies
- Early Childhood Director
- Emergency Management
- Homeland Security
- Industrial Fire Protection
- Infant/Toddler Care and Education
- Intelligence and Security Operations
- Intelligence Studies
- Security Management
- Social Intelligence and Leadership
- Youth Services
- English as a Second Language P-12 Endorsement Preparation
Online Graduate Certificate Programs
- Occupational Safety
- Level I Principal Certificate
- Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Administration
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.