- The only U.S. college established in the Spiritan tradition.
- Campus provides scenic green spaces and close proximity to downtown Pittsburgh.
- Ranks high among comparable colleges for financial efficiency, academic excellence, and veteran benefits.
Founded in 1878 by Catholic missionaries in the Spiritan tradition, Duquesne originally educated the children of Pittsburgh’s immigrant families. Today, the university serves a student enrollment of nearly 9,500 and offers more than 200 academic programs across nine schools of study. Duquesne upholds the four main pillars of the Spiritan value system in higher education: educational excellence; moral and spiritual quality; a diverse, ecumenical learning atmosphere; and service-oriented programs. The university also maintains its own campus ministry that provides support to both traditional and online students.
Duquesne University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
Undergraduate tuition totals $38,178-60,492 per year. Graduate tuition varies per program.
Accreditation and Approvals
Duquesne University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Learning. Programs in education, liberal arts, business administration, health sciences, music, natural and environmental sciences, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences, and law receive individual accreditation at various degree levels from the correlating accrediting body.
Duquesne University acceptance rate is 72%. Undergraduate applicants must submit their high school transcripts, all ACT and/or SAT scores, and a personal essay. Letters of recommendation may be required for select majors.
Though graduate admission requirements vary by program, general application materials include college transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Business and law programs require GMAT and LSAT test scores, respectively. Some programs may require applicants to submit GRE scores.
- Student Population: 9,344
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 100%
- Founded: 1878
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Learning
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 86%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT, GMAT, LSAT, GRE
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 80%
- Address: 600 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh PA 15282
- Phone Number: (412) 396-6000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; YouTube; LinkedIn
Duquesne University Online Degrees Offered
- Three online undergraduate degrees
- 20 online graduate programs, including several certificates and endorsements
Duquesne University Rankings on TBS
- The Best Online Colleges in Pennsylvania for 2018
- The 50 Best RN to BSN Online Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s in Organizational Leadership Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master’s in Educational Administration Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Nursing Practitioner Master’s Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master’s in Supply Chain Management Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Educational Technology Degree Programs