- Ranked among Illinois's most diverse colleges, with students from all 50 states and 114 countries worldwide.
- Boasts 92% and 93% employment rates for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively.
- One in three undergraduates are first-generation college students.
- DePaul University notable alumni include Gillian Anderson, Judy Greer, and John C. Reilly.
Founded in 1898 based on the teachings of St. Vincent de Paul, DePaul is now the largest Catholic university in the United States. The school maintains campuses in the heart of the business district of Chicago as well as Lincoln Park. Students can choose from more than 300 undergraduate and graduate majors across 10 academic colleges and schools. The university is strongly committed to providing students with a personalized learning experience; class sizes are fewer than 40 students, and more than 98% of courses are led by core faculty. DePaul boasts state-of-the-art online learning technology and dedicated training for distance instructors.
DePaul University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate: $460-840 per credit.
- Graduate: $630-835 per credit.
Accreditation and Approvals
DePaul University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The school also holds programmatic accreditation from the American Bar Association, the American Chemical Society, the American Psychological Association, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the Council on Education for Public Health, the Council on Social Work Education, the National Association of Schools of Music, the National Association of Schools of Public Service and Administration, and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The DePaul University acceptance rate is 72%. Undergraduate applicants must submit their high school transcripts and may submit ACT and/or SAT scores for admission. Graduate admission requirements vary by program.
- Student Population: 22,437
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 15:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 96%
- Founded: 1898
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 84%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 71%
- Address: 1 E. Jackson Blvd., Chicago IL 60604
- Phone Number: (312) 362-8000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
DePaul University offers numerous programs completely online, including:
- Five undergraduate degrees
- 20 graduate degrees
- More than 25 certificates
- One special education learning and behavior specialist endorsement
DePaul University Rankings on TBS
Online Bachelor's Degree Rankings
- The 10 Best Online Bachelor's in Journalism Programs
- The 15 Best Online Bachelor's in Software Engineering Programs
- The 17 Best Online Bachelor's in Media Communications Programs
Online Master's Degree Rankings
- The 30 Best Online MPA Programs: Online Master in Public Administration
- The 24 Best Online Master's in Network Security Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master's in Sport Management Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master’s in Information Assurance and Security Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Accounting Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Educational Leadership Degree Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master's in Cybercrime Programs