- Features one of the lowest tuition rates among private colleges in the state of Michigan.
- Offers 12 campuses and education centers in Michigan, and a global campus for online learning.
- The school emphasizes career programs in leading economic sectors including technology, business, health, and urban education.
Founded in 1866, Davenport was established shortly after its home city of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Initially, the school only offered business programs, however Davenport now prepares graduates for careers in additional sectors such as technology, health, and urban education. The Global Campus @DU offers online undergraduate and graduate degrees, along with short-term programs that provide post-baccalaureate and graduate programs in an accelerated format. The university enrolls more than 3,000 students who take courses exclusively online, which accounts for 42% of all students. The university boasts 20 years of experience in providing high-quality online education.
Davenport University's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Davenport University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university's education programs receive accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education. Health profession programs receive accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education.
The university receives recognition as a Center of Academic Excellence for its information assurance courseware, and currently seeks accreditation for its BS in computer science through the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Undergraduate (online, in-state): $741 per credit.
- Undergraduate (online, out-of-state): $495 per credit.
- Graduate (online): $802 per credit.
Davenport University's undergraduate applicants must submit their high school transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores with their application for admission. Graduate and transfer admission requirements vary by program.
- Student Population: 7,000
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 97%
- Founded: 1866
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 71%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 44%
- Address: 6191 Kraft Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
- Phone Number: (616) 698-7111
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube; Instagram; Flickr
Online Degrees Offered
Davenport University offers more than 50 online associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees, as well as numerous online graduate certificates in business, technology, health professions, arts and sciences, and urban education.