- Offers in-state tuition for all online students
- Offers bachelor-completion programs
- Fully online programs
Part of the City University of New York, CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) is a public school established in 2003 to meet the educational needs of working adults, organizations and employers. CUNY SPS has the distinction of offering the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, and today allows students to pursue a range of bachelor-completion and master's degrees as well as 20 certificates. The School of Professional Studies incorporates interactive formats and emerging educational technologies to provide students with flexibility and convenience.
- Ranked among The Best 100 Online Colleges for 2018
- Ranked among The Best Online Colleges in New York
- Ranked among The 20 Best Computational Linguistics Graduate Programs in the U.S.
- Ranked among The 25 Best Master of Social Work Programs
- 50 Public Colleges with the Best Return on Investment
CUNY School of Professional Studies Online Degrees
CUNY School of Professional Studies' Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
The CUNY School of Professional Studies is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Undergraduate tuition -- $285
Graduate tuition -- $440
Admissions and Transfer Info
CUNY School of Professional Studies' admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Undergraduate applicants should hold at least 24 transferrable credits and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
Applicants must submit a personal essay.
The School accepts up to 90 transfer credits.
Master's degree applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA.
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges they've attended, a personal statement, a resume and two letters of recommendation. The School also may require an interview either by phone or in person.
International applicants must provide proof of English proficiency.
- Accreditation: Regional (Middle States Commission on Higher Education)
- Region: Northeast
- Retention Rate: 59%
- Requires SAT or ACT: Neither
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 49%
- Graduation Rate: 39%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $285 / $285
Grad: $440 / $440
- Address: 119 W. 31st St., New York, NY 10001 USA
- Student population: About 3,200
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 17 to 1
Online Degrees at the CUNY School of Professional Studies
Liberal Arts & Humanities
Communication and Media
Sociology - Ranked #1
Immigration Law Studies
Business & Management
Business Management and Leadership
Computers & Technology
Nursing & Healthcare
Health Information Management
Health Services Administration
BS in Nursing/Joint with Queensborough Community College
RN to BS-MS in Nursing Education (Accelerated)
RN to BS-MS in Nursing Organizational Leadership (Accelerated)
Nursing Organizational Leadership
Psychology & Counseling
Education & Teaching
Disability Services in Higher Education