- Campuses located on both sides of Lake Michigan and 10 regional education centers.
- Provides a holistic higher education in the Lutheran tradition.
- Recently added four scholarships specifically for adult and nontraditional students.
Located along the scenic shores of Lake Michigan, CUW occupies main campuses across state lines, in both Mequon, Wisconsin and Ann Arbor, Michigan. The first of 10 members of the Concordia university system, CUW also maintains 10 satellite locations around Wisconsin and a St.Louis, MO campus. Traditional undergraduate freshmen are the largest segment of new students at CUW, and the average GPA of incoming students is 3.49. The university also assigns a personal student success advisor to every incoming student. Distance learners can choose from self-paced, cohort, and hybrid learning styles across six academic schools.
Concordia University Wisconsin's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Concordia University Wisconsin is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Undergraduate: $483-699 per credit.
- Graduate: $596-793 per credit.
The university's prerequisites and application requirements vary by program. Undergraduate applicants must submit official transcripts of all prior college coursework, possess at least a 2.5 GPA, and earn a minimum 18 ACT score or SAT equivalent. Students who do not meet standardized test requirements may receive conditional admission.
Graduate admission requires students to submit official college transcripts with a minimum 3.0 GPA, an essay, and a current resume.
- Student Population: 7,288
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 98%
- Founded: 1881
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 82%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 53%
- Address: 12800 N. Lake Shore Dr., Mequon, WI 53097
- Phone Number: (262) 243-5700
- Social Media: Facebook; YouTube
Online Degrees Offered
Concordia University Wisconsin Online offers:
- Four associate degrees
- 10 bachelor's degrees
- 37 master's degrees
- 22 certificate programs