- Main campus is located in Seward, 25 miles west of the state capitol in Lincoln.
- Campus location ranks lowest for crime rate among 31 comparable cities in Nebraska.
- Programs blend academic excellence, Lutheran tradition, and Christian principles.
Founded in 1894 with only one professor and 12 students, Concordia University in Nebraska originally offered only a three-year curriculum to high school students. The university gradually transitioned from a Lutheran teacher school to a diverse liberal arts institution that welcomes all Christian denominations. Today, teacher education programs remain the largest major on campus, however Concordia University Nebraska offers more than 30 online programs. Available degree paths include MHA, M.Ed., and MBA degrees, and endorsements in special education and reading specialist majors. The university published a commemorative book in 2018 to mark its 125th academic year, upholding a tradition started by the school in honor of its 75th and 100th anniversaries.
Concordia University Nebraska's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Concordia University Nebraska is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university's education programs receive accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. Music and music therapy programs receive accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Music and the American Music Therapy Association, respectively. The university features IACBE-accredited business undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Undergraduate: $32,890 per year.
- Graduate: $425-555 per credit hour.
The prerequisites and application requirements for Concordia University Nebraska vary by program. Undergraduate applicants must submit their cumulative GPA and SAT/ACT scores with their application for admission. Graduate admission requirements vary by program. Transfer students must submit official college transcripts with the above application materials.
- Student Population: 2,520
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 100%
- Founded: 1894
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 74%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 50%
- Address: 800 N. Columbia Ave., Seward, NE 68434
- Phone Number: (800) 535-5494
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Concordia University Nebraska offers:
- 27 master's degrees
- Three endorsements
- One Lutheran school ministry program completely online