Concordia University in Nebraska Online
Updated September 2, 2022 • 1 min read
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Main campus is located in Seward, 25 miles west of the state capitol in Lincoln.
- Campus location ranks lowest for crime rate among 31 comparable cities in Nebraska.
- Programs blend academic excellence, Lutheran tradition, and Christian principles.
Founded in 1894 with only one professor and 12 students, Concordia University in Nebraska originally offered only a three-year curriculum to high school students. The university gradually transitioned from a Lutheran teacher school to a diverse liberal arts institution that welcomes all Christian denominations. Today, teacher education programs remain the largest major on campus, however Concordia University Nebraska Online offers more than 30 online programs. Available degree paths include MHA, M.Ed., and MBA degrees, and endorsements in special education and reading specialist majors. The university published a commemorative book in 2018 to mark its 125th academic year, upholding a tradition started by the school in honor of its 75th and 100th anniversaries.
Concordia University Nebraska Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate: $32,890 per year.
- Graduate: $425-555 per credit hour.
Accreditation and Approvals
Concordia University Nebraska is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university's education programs receive accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. Music and music therapy programs receive accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Music and the American Music Therapy Association, respectively. The university features IACBE-accredited business undergraduate and graduate programs.
The prerequisites and application requirements for Concordia University Nebraska vary by program. Undergraduate applicants must submit their cumulative GPA and SAT/ACT scores with their application for admission. Graduate admission requirements vary by program. Transfer students must submit official college transcripts with the above application materials.
- Student Population: 2,520
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 14:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 100%
- Founded: 1894
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 74%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 50%
- Address: 800 N. Columbia Ave., Seward, NE 68434
- Phone Number: (800) 535-5494
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Concordia University Nebraska offers:
- 27 master's degrees
- Three endorsements
- One Lutheran school ministry program completely online
Concordia University - Nebraska Rankings on TBS
- The Best Online Bachelor's in English Language Learning Programs
- The 10 Best Online Master's in Human Services
- The 10 Best Online Master’s in Gerontology Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master’s in English Language Learning Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Curriculum and Instruction Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master’s in Reading Programs
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.