- A member of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod tradition.
- Encompasses five research centers for gerontology, international student services, literacy, innovation and entrepreneurship, and the advancement of Lutheran liberal arts.
- Boasts a 90% employment/graduate school acceptance rate for undergraduate students within six month of graduation.
Founded as a teachers' college, Concordia University Chicago now ranks among the nation's leading schools for business, education, and liberal arts programs -- all steeped in the Lutheran tradition. Online education at Concordia University Chicago emphasizes a balance between learning, work, and family life. A member of NCAA Division III, Concordia University Chicago athletics include football, baseball, basketball, soccer, and more. Distance programs also build a sense of community online, but maintain their flexibility through asynchronous coursework. Concordia University Chicago's diverse enrollment of students who study exclusively online represent 26 foreign countries and 37 U.S. states; more than 40% of graduate students enroll in fully online programs.
Concordia University Chicago Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate: $15,963 per semester
- Tuition for graduate students varies by program.
Accreditation and Approvals
Concordia University Chicago is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university receives specialty accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Music. Education programs at Concordia receive accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. The university's clinical mental health counseling program receives accreditation through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs. The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs accredits business programs at Concordia University Chicago. The Council on Social Work Education accredits Concordia's social work programs.
Prerequisites and application requirements for applicants to Concordia University Chicago vary by program. Bachelor's degree applicants must submit official transcripts of all prior college coursework, provided the student is in good standing and earned a minimum 2.0 GPA. Students with less than 15 completed college credits must submit high school transcripts. All applicants must submit a resume for admissions consideration.
Though individual program requirements vary, graduate applicants must submit transcripts, an objective statement, two letters of recommendation, and any prerequisites or specific requirements for that program.
- Student Population: 5,755
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 100%
- Founded: 1864
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 67%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 48%
- Address: 7400 Augusta St., River Forest, IL 60305
- Phone Number: (708) 771-8300
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; YouTube
Online Degrees Offered
Concordia University Chicago Online offers:
- Nine certificates and endorsements
- One associate degree
- Six bachelor's degrees
- 31 master's degrees
- DBA and Ph.D./Ed.D programs
Concordia University - Chicago Rankings on TBS
Online Bachelor's Degree Ranking
Online Master's Degree Rankings
- The 15 Best Online Master's in Internet Marketing Programs
- The 29 Best Online Master's in Sports Medicine Programs
Online Doctorate Degree Rankings
- The Best Online Doctorate in Early Childhood Education Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Business Administration Degree Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Educational Technology Degree Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Management Programs
- The Best Online Doctorate in Reading and Literacy Programs
- The Best Online Special Education Doctorate Degree Programs