- Approximately 90% of Clarion faculty hold terminal degrees in their field.
- Holds 28 national accreditations, top-ranked among all schools in Pennsylvania's higher education system.
- The school's boasts more than 56,000 alumni in its global network.
Founded as a seminary in 1867, Clarion University hosts more than 100 academic programs through its Venango, PA campus and online. The university features a senate of 22 elected student officials, more than 130 student organizations, and a diverse enrollment hailing from 11 countries and 44 states. The school also manages its own movie theater near campus. Clarion recently expanded its online seven-week course options to more majors, giving distance learners even greater flexibility. In addition to institutional accreditation, Clarion holds specialized accreditation for its education programs, and has upheld ALA accreditation for its library science program since 1974.
Clarion University of Pennsylvania's Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
Clarion University of Pennsylvania is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Undergraduate, Pennsylvania Resident: $10,840 per year.
- Undergraduate, Non-resident: $15,586 per year.
- Undergraduate Online, Pennsylvania Resident: $9,805 per year.
- Undergraduate Online, Non-resident: $11,084 per year.
Prerequisites and application requirements for admission to Clarion University of Pennsylvania vary by program. Clarion considers undergraduate applicants based on their high school transcripts, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, letters of recommendation, and personal essays.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 2.75 GPA. Applicants must also submit official transcripts, a resume, and letters of recommendation. They may also be required to submit GMAT or GRE scores, depending on the program.
Applicants may transfer at least six completed college-level credits, provided they earned the credits at an accredited university, in good standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Student Population: 5,225
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 18:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 95%
- Founded: 1867
- Accreditation: Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 74%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT, ACT, GRE, and/or GMAT
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation Rate: 50%
- Address: 909 E Wood St., Clarion, PA 16214
- Phone Number: (800) 672-7171
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; YouTube
Online Degrees Offered
Clarion University of Pennsylvania Online offers:
- Six associate degrees
- 11 bachelor's degrees
- 11 master's degrees
- One doctoral degree
- 16 certificates and special programs