City University of Seattle Online
thebestschools.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Headquartered in Seattle, WA, City University has 20 locations around the world.
- Tuition discounts are available for members of the military, their families, and veterans through partnering support organizations.
- Upholds a generous transfer policy for flexible bachelor's degrees on campus and online; up to 135 credits can be awarded for prior learning.
Committed to lifelong learning through accessible higher education programs, CityU emphasizes flexible course delivery, both on-site and online. With headquarters in Seattle -- and 20 additional locations worldwide -- the university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, certificates, endorsement programs, and continuing education courses. The school also oversees college-prep programs online through the National University Academy and the National University Virtual High School.
City University of Seattle Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate (varies by program): $371-579 per credit.
- Graduate Studies: $520-1,150 per credit/course.
Accreditation and Approvals
City University of Seattle is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The admission prerequisites and application requirements for City University of Seattle vary by program. However, undergraduate applicants at least 16 years of age must submit a high school diploma or GED, official transcripts, and possess a demonstrated proficiency in the English language.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Generally, one's major does not need to match the graduate program to which the student is applying. CityU does not require GRE or GMAT scores.
Applicants to CityU's doctoral programs in business or education must hold a master's degree from an accredited institution and demonstrate minimum work experience to meet program requirements.
- Student Population: 6,755
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 9:1
- Percentage Receiving Grant or Scholarship Aid: 39%
- Founded: 1973
- Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 67%
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private, nonprofit
- Graduation Rate: 100%
- Address: 521 Wall Street, Suite 100, Seattle, Washington, 98121
- Phone Number: (888) 422-4898
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; LinkedIn
Online Degrees Offered
City University of Seattle offers dozens of online associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees and certificates across six academic schools.
City University of Seattle Rankings on TBS
Online Bachelor's Degree Rankings
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor's in Law Enforcement Programs
- The 20 Best Online Bachelor’s in Project Management Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor's in Cybercrime Programs
- The 25 Best Online Bachelor's in Network Security Programs
- The 30 Best Online Bachelor's in Healthcare Administration Degree Programs
- The 45 Best Online Bachelor's in General Studies Programs
- The 50 Best Online Bachelor's in Psychology Degree Programs
Online Master's Degree Rankings
- The 23 Best Online Master's in Family Counseling Programs
- The 24 Best Online Master's in Network Security Programs
Online Doctorate Degree Rankings
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.