- Same tuition rates for students regardless of residency
- Nine different schools offering programs
- Diverse student body
Located in Cleveland, Ohio, Case Western Reserve University's student body represents 81 countries and all 50 states. The University offers programs in the following schools: the Case School of Engineering; the College of Arts and Sciences; the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing; the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences; the School of Law; the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine; the Weatherhead School of Management; the School of Dental Medicine; and the School of Graduate Studies. Master's students at CWRU can also enjoy five different online program opportunities, allowing them to work while they pursue an advanced education.
Case Western Reserve University Recognized as an Online College Leader
TBS has recognized Case Western Reserve University as a leader of online education for having numerous online degree programs in the area of science & engineering, offered through the following school and departments:
Department of Biomedical Engineering
The Department of Biomedical Engineering, part of the Case School of Engineering at Case Western Reserve University, offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the biomedical engineering field. For students interested in entering or advancing in biomedical engineering professions, the department offers numerous benefits, including online program options, and access to labs and research centers such as the Neural Modulation Center.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering offers an online degree program featured in the following ranking:
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering, part of the Case School of Engineering at Case Western Reserve University, offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs in the civil engineering field. The department offers numerous benefits to civil engineering students, including an active research program, a curriculum that blends engineering principles with leadership, professionalism, and social awareness, online degree programs, and access to research labs.
The Department of Civil Engineering offers an online degree program featured in the following ranking:
Case School of Engineering
The Case School of Engineering at Case Western Reserve University offers a wide selection of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs for engineering students. The school consists of seven departments, ranging from mechanical engineering, to computer engineering, to biomedical engineering. Students benefit from a wide range of choices for study, online degree programs, active research programs and centers, and well-rounded curricula that include niche studies alongside courses in professionalism and leadership.
The Case School of Engineering offers an online degree program featured in the following ranking:
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, part of the Case School of Engineering at Case Western Reserve University, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs for students seeking to enter or advance in a variety of mechanical engineering professions. Students benefit from online degree programs, a combined BS/MS program, and access to research centers.
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering offers an online degree program featured in the following ranking:
Case Western Reserve University Tuition, Accreditation, and Admissions Info
- Undergraduate: $48,604
- Master's: $1,827 per credit hour
- Doctoral: $2,778 per credit hour
Accreditation and Approvals
Case Western Reserve University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Many programs within the university also boast programmatic or national accreditation.
Undergraduate applicants must complete all prerequisite coursework, which includes four years of English, three years of math, three years of science with two of those years being laboratory science, three years of social studies, and two years of a foreign language. Prospective students must then submit an application, ACT or SAT results, high school transcripts, and an admissions essay. Graduate applicants must complete their application and provide undergraduate transcripts, letters of recommendation, and GRE or GMAT test scores.
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 11:1
- Percentage of students receiving scholarships or financial aid: More than 80%
- Date founded: 1826
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 92%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT for undergraduates and GRE or GMAT for graduates
- Public/Private: Private research university
- Acceptance Rate: 36.3%
- Graduation Rate: 81.1%
- Athletics: NCAA Division III
- Mascot: Spartan
- Colors: Black, blue, and gray
- Address: 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106
- Phone Number: (216) 368-2000
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Case Western Reserve University offers five online master's programs.
Case Western Reserve University Rankings on TBS
- The 100 Best Universities in the World Today
- 50 Private Colleges with the Best Return on Investment
- The 100 Richest Schools Universities in North America 2018
- MSW Programs: The 25 Best Master of Social Work Programs
- The 25 Best Master’s Degree Programs in Nutrition
- The 10 Best Online Master's in Biomedical Engineering Programs
- The 19 Best Online Master's in Civil Engineering Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master's in Engineering Programs
- The Best Online Master's in Mechanical Engineering Programs
- The 25 Best Master of Social Work (MSW) Online Degree Programs