- Provides credit for life experiences
- Offers credit for military training
- Offers some accelerated degree-completion programs
- 55,000 living alumni
Founded in 1852, California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U) offers a range of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees. A member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, Cal U allows students to pursue more than 75 fully online programs. Online students have access to the same quality programs taught by the same professors as their on-campus counterparts. The cohort-based programs feature a flexible format allowing student to access course materials on their schedule.
California University of Pennsylvania's Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
California University of Pennsylvania is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Undergraduate tuition -- $365.20 in-state / $382.20 out-of-state
- Graduate tuition -- $606.05 in-state / $628.05 out-of-state
Admissions and Transfer Info
California University of Pennsylvania's admission prerequisites and application requirements vary by program.
Undergraduate applicants must submit official high school transcripts, which include rank, or a GED certificate and scores; and SAT or ACT scores.
Transfer students must meet the same requirements, unless they hold an associate, bachelor or RN degree.
Cal U does not set a maximum number of transferable credits; student must complete at least 30 of their last 45 credits at the university.
Graduate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities they've attended with proof of at least a 3.0 GPA.
International applicants must show proof of English language proficiency.
- Student population: About 7,500
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 20 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 64%
- Accreditation: Regional (Middle States Commission on Higher Education)
- Region: Northeast
- Retention Rate: 72%
- Requires SAT or ACT: SAT or ACT
- Public/Private: Public Nonprofit
- Acceptance Rate: 96%
- Graduation Rate: 50%
- Cost Per Credit (In-State/Out-of-State): Undergrad: $365.20 / $382.20
- Grad: $606.05 / $628.05
- Address: 250 University Ave., California, PA 15419 USA