American InterContinental University Online
| TBS Staff
Are you ready to discover your college program?
- Reginally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Students can transfer up to 50% of degree requirements from approved past college credits and work for life experience
- Accelerated undergraduate and master’s degree programs can be completed in just one year
American InterContinental University was founded in 1970 and launched AIU Online in 2001. AIU Online offers the flexibility working adults need to be able to balance life, work, and education. To help students succeed, AIU provides Graduation Teams, comprised of an admissions advisor, financial aid advisor, faculty advisor, and student advisors that students can go to anytime to for support throughout their academic journey.
STUDENT TESTIMONIALI see how online college has made me more independent and responsible and believe in myself more. Seeing my grades and all the hard work I’ve done make me work even harder.
One positive experience so far is how I’m able to do my homework online with distance learning. The online discussion boards are very important to my learning experience because they help me to communicate with my classmates and my professors and get the help I need.
The second positive experience I’ve had is Intelpath. Intelpath helps me master my success in online school. I determine my knowledge on Friday and work throughout the rest of the week on things I need strength in and more practice on. All I have learned so far has helped me better myself and learn what being a manager really is.—Ivory, D., BBA in Business Administration–Healthcare Management, AIU Online
American InterContinental University Accreditation, Tuition, & Admissions
American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Full–Time Undergraduate: $325 per credit
- Part–Time Undergraduate: $425 per credit
- Graduate: $312.50 to $611 per credit
Online Military Tuition
- Undergraduate: $166.66 per credit
- Graduate: $224.50 to $466 per credit
Admissions requirements may vary by degree level and program. There are also requirements for transferring credits, receiving credit for life experience, and for military students. Below are the basic requirements for undergraduate and graduate students:
- Complete online application
- Provide proof of high school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of proficiency in English and Math
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. institution or an internationally-recognized foreign institution of higher education with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Student Population: 12,201
- Average Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 23 to 1
- Percentage receiving grant or scholarship aid: 93%
- Founded: 1970
- Accreditation: Regional; Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 39%
- Required Standardized Test(s): None
- Public/Private: Private, For-Profit
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Graduation Rate: 17%
- Online Cost Per Credit:
– Full–Time Undergraduate: $325 per credit
– Part–Time Undergraduate: $425 per credit
– Graduate: $312.50 to $611 per credit
- Military Online Cost Per Credit:
– Undergraduate: $166.66 per credit
– Graduate: $224.50 to $466 per credit
- Athletics: None
- Mascot: None
- Address: 231 N. Martingale Rd., 6th Floor, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
- Phone Number: (877) 701-3800
Popular with our students.
Highly informative resources to keep your education journey on track.
Take the next step toward your future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you’re interested in, and start learning today.