Highlights of Abilene Christian University
- Named one of the "Best Western Colleges" by The Princeton Review
- Has been ranked as one of "America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report
- Continually placed in the "America's Best Christian Colleges" list by Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc.
- Recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for its culture of innovation, its leadership in the area of mobility, and its overall educational excellence
- Online programs finished in 18–24 months with part-time study
- Accreditation provided by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Overview of Abilene Christian University
Abilene Christian University (ACU), established in 1906, is affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Abilene Christian University Online offers online master's degree programs in fields such as higher education, organizational development, and conflict resolution and reconciliation. The graduate programs are based in a strong Christian environment.
Featured Education Programs
- Master of Science in Organizational Development: Students learn to become decision makers. The program thoroughly reviews subjects such as organizational behavior, teams and team leadership, intercultural communication, mediation, persuasion, human resources, and social change.
- Master of Arts and Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation: Students are prepared for leadership roles in careers in dispute resolution and for managing conflict. The education program emphasizes reconciliation and is built on an in-depth Christian perspective on peacemaking.
- Master of Education in Higher Education: The program emphasizes conflict management, college student affairs, and enrollment management. The program covers subjects such as higher education resource management, student development, research and assessment in higher education, legal and ethical issues in higher education, mediation, and student spiritual formation.
- Courses completed in seven weeks
- Discussion boards are available 24/7
- Student service managers assist students with an array of issues
- Students have access to technical support 24/7
- Programs begin six times each year
I chose the online route because the traditional undergraduate degree was a heavy load for me to carry, especially as I was working myself through school, living 1,000 miles away from home, and starting a rugby club. After being states away while my brother was in a major vehicle accident, my uncle passed away, and my best friend was hospitalized for months, I feel at ease knowing that at the drop of a dime, I can return home and still continue my studies. I hope to take advantage of the online program to learn business tactics through mobility of techonology. This includes app development, organizational skills, and professional interactions in the most creative and active social realm–the internet!— Camilla, K., MBA, Abilene Christian University
Experienced, knowledgeable instructors teach the Abilene Christian University online classes. The University reports the faculty members are dedicated to equipping students to live integrated Christ-centered lives of service and leadership.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Admission counselors are available to help applicants with the application process. Applicants for master's degree programs are required to have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university and have a 3.0 GPA or higher. Also, financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Abilene Christian University Featured in TBS Rankings
- The 25 Best Schools for Studying the Bible
- The 30 Best Online Christian Colleges
- The 50 Best Video Game Design Schools
- The 10 Best Online Doctorate in Organizational Leadership Degree Programs
- The 23 Best Online Master's in Family Counseling Programs
- The 50 Best Online Master’s in Marketing Programs