- The university is ranked #71 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, a publication established by the Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Received the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education
- Received a 2010 Silver Best Practices Award for Distance Learning programming from the United States Distance Learning Association
- Graduate certificate programs offer short-term specialized training
- Accreditation provided by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Overview of Boston University
Boston University, founded in 1839, is one of the largest independent universities in the United States. Boston University Online provides master’s and doctoral degrees and graduate certificates in an array of subjects. Boston University Online also offers an undergraduate degree completion program. The school strives to keep the programs current with the latest trends.
- Graduate Programs: Provide the skills and the theoretical foundation required for students to advance in their careers. The curricula combine abstract with practical learning.
- Graduate Certificates: The university reports that the certificate programs emphasize cutting-edge subjects pertinent to working professionals, including subjects such as clinical investigation, project management, and emergency management. Students receive short-term specialized training.
- Undergraduate Degree Completion Program: Designed for students who have completed about half of their undergraduate courses and want to complete their curriculum in a convenient online format. The program includes liberal arts, as well as natural and social sciences.
- The school offers flexible schedules
- The Online Learning Portal lets students communicate with teachers and other students
- Students have access to live technical support 24/7
- Students have a program manager and a small-group instructor
Boston University Online instructors have scholarly achievements and professional experience. Boston University Online includes faculty members with expertise in online education.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Application requirements vary by the online program. School admission representatives assist applicants with the application procedure. The Student Link program provides information about financing.