Highlights of University of New England
- Ranked as one of the "Best Universities" in the North offering "a full range of undergraduate and master's programs" by U.S. News & World Report
- Providing education since 1831
- Provides accelerated online Master of Science in Education programs
- Offers accelerated Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study programs
- Online Master of Science in Education and Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study programs do not require GRE or MAT tests
- The university reports it has nationally known teacher educators
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- The Master of Public Health and Graduate Certificate in Public Health programs are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
Overview of University of New England
The University of New England (UNE) has two campuses situated in Biddeford and Portland, Maine. The university also offers online degree programs. The university offers numerous undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of education, natural science, human services, health sciences, liberal arts, osteopathic medicine, business, and management. The University of New England has four colleges: Health Professions, Pharmacy, Arts and Sciences, and Osteopathic Medicine.
The online Master of Science in Education (MSEd) and the Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study programs provide students the knowledge and skills to become a leader. The curriculums are designed for working educators.
The Certificates of Advanced Graduate Study curricula are post-master's certificate programs. The certificate programs prepare students for upper-level administrator positions. The certificates are available in several specializations.
UNE also offers a Graduate Certificate in Public Health, in addition to the Master of Public Health offering. This 18-credit-hour program provides students with the core public health concepts they need to either enhance their professional knowledge or to pursue a graduate degree in the field. These 18 credit hours are the foundation courses for UNE's Master of Public Health degree. All certificate program courses are transferable to UNE's MPH degree program.
- Students have access to an advisory support staff
- UNE online students interact with each other in small learning groups
The online students at the University of New England are taught by experienced instructors with expertise in their field.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
UNE enrollment advisers are available to guide applicants through the enrolling process. Applicants to the University of New England's Master of Science in Education program need to have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. They're also required to have a valid license or certificate and/or have documented access to a classroom. Applicants are also required to have a minimum of one year of professional education experience.
Applicants for the University of New England's Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study program need to have a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants are also required to have a valid license or certificate and/or have documented access to a classroom. Candidates also need to have a minimum of three years of professional education experience.
The University of New England's Financial Aid Office staff members are available to assist students with financial aid issues. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.