Here at TBS Magazine, we do our best to stay out of the political fray. We’re not here to debate electoral outcomes, foreign policy, or domestic security. We are inherently inclusive, we welcome a plurality of ideas, and the composition of our own editorial board is diverse in its political orientation.
With that said, education policy is totally in our wheelhouse so we’d be pretty silly to pretend nothing’s happening right now. Donald Trump’s presidency has begun, and with it, we will almost certainly see dramatic and catalyzing changes to federal education policy. Therefore, we reserve the right — without stepping into the broader political arena — to evaluate and take positions on these changes.
In an era where political debate is at a particularly rancorous pitch, we recognize that these discussions will likely lead to disagreement. So long as said disagreement is conveyed openly and respectfully, we believe it possible to engage in constructive and honest discussion on the changes taking place in our midst. As members of a broader community of educators and educational thought leaders, we consider it necessary to shine a light on these changes as they unfold.
Hereafter is our ever-expending compendium of pieces treading the ground where policy, politics, and education collide. We welcome your thoughts but be nice to one another!
Trump and Higher Education
Trump’s Campaign Promises
- Part I: Eliminating the Department of Education
- Part II: Ending Common Core
- Part III: School Choice Voucherism
Other Trump Education Policy Resources
- DeVos Slashes 72 Guidelines from Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA)
- Betsy DeVos Drops Title IX Sexual Assault Guidelines… We Have Strong Words
- Trump vs. Escalante: Anti-Education Immigration Proclamation
- Education Policy Update: This Was a Really Messed Up Summer
- Growth vs. Proficiency for Dummies
- Betsy DeVos: Controversial Confirmation
- DeVos Gets Grilled: Her Greatest Hits
- Where Does Your Presidential Candidate Stand On Education?
- How Much Does Your Presidential Candidate Care About Education?