Highlights of Benedictine University
- In 2009 U.S. News & World Report ranked the school 43th among more than 140 schools classified as “Best Universities—Master’s” in the Midwest
- Offers accelerated undergraduate degree programs
- Accelerated MBA programs can be completed in one year
- Offers career and job search services
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Benedictine University was founded in 1887 in Chicago as St. Procopius College. It’s now located 25 miles from Chicago in Lisle.
Benedictine University Online offers associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs and one doctoral degree program. The university is a member of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities.
The university provides master’s degree programs in the fields of business, public health, education, finance, and other subjects. Benedictine University Online provides accelerated MBA programs which let students obtain their master’s degree in just one year.
Online bachelor’s degrees are available in management and organizational leadership topics. Online students can also take accelerated undergraduate degree programs.
- Students have opportunities to connect with alumni who currently work in the student’s selected field
- Technical support is available 24/7
- Students have an adviser
The online classes are taught by full-time professors and adjunct professors. The instructors are business and industry professionals.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
The Enrollment Center representatives guide applicants through the admissions process. Applicants of Benedictine University are required to have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent. Transfer students need, at a minimum, 36 transferrable semester hours and a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or higher, from all the colleges and universities they attended.
Benedictine University offers an array of financial aid programs including federal programs. The financial aid office representatives assist students with putting together a financial aid package.