- South University has provided education since 1899
- Professional networking opportunities with industry organizations and contacts
- Offers career-oriented programs
- Small online classes
- Accreditation provided by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
South University provides online bachelor's degrees in the fields of information technology, healthcare management, criminal justice, business administration, and nursing. The school also provides online associate and master's degrees. South University Online focuses on adult learners. According to the university, it continually evaluates its courses to ensure they meet the needs of employers. South University has seven campus locations.
The online associate's, bachelor's and master's degrees are offered by the following colleges: Business, Arts & Sciences, Health Professionals, and Nursing.
- College of Health Professions: Thoroughly covers the administrative, clinical, ethical and technical elements of the healthcare profession. The programs combine theory and industry related technical information.
- College of Business: The programs are designed to meet the needs of industry. Programs are offered in healthcare administration/management, information technology, accounting and business administration.
- College of Nursing: The programs combine theory and technical information. The programs are designed for nurses seeking to acquire a bachelor's or master's degree.
- College of Arts and Sciences: Provides career focused programs in subjects including criminal justice and legal studies.
Academic advisors assist new students with planning their studies. South University's Student Support Center staff members assist students with a variety of issues. The Campus Common offers online students resources including a student discussion forum, professional networking opportunities, online tutors and an online library.
The South University Online courses are taught by experienced instructors. The online instructors have taken the Socrates Distance Learning Technologies Group online instruction program. The instructors offer personalized attention.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Admissions department representatives are available to help applicants with the admissions process. Applicants for the online bachelor's degree programs need a high school diploma or a GED certificate. Various types of grants, loans and scholarships are available for those who qualify. Active military members receive a tuition discount.