Highlights of University of Florida
- In 2010 the University of Florida was ranked #2 in Kiplinger‘s “Best Values in Public Colleges” list
- In 2010 ranked #19 by U.S. News & World Report in its “Top Public Schools” list
- The University of Florida ranked #3 in the 2011 SmartMoney magazine list of colleges and universities which help graduates obtain top salaries
- Ranked #32 in the 2011 the Princeton Review “Best Value Public Colleges” list
- Named one of the top performers in online bachelor’s degree programs by U.S. News & World Report
- College of Pharmacy ranked in the nation’s top 10 by U.S. News & World Report
- The online Working Professional Doctor of Pharmacy degree offered since 1994
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Overview of University of Florida
The University of Florida (UF), a public university, was established in 1853. UF is situated in Gainesville, Florida, and is one of the five largest universities in the nation. University of Florida Online provides certificates and bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, as well as specialist programs.
UF consists of numerous academic divisions. Of particular interest is the College of Pharmacy. The college consists of five departments: Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacodynamics, and Health Care Administration. The college provides a Doctor of Pharmacy online degree program for licensed pharmacists.
The University of Florida Online offers master’s degree programs in fields such as Art Education, Regional Planning—Geographic Information Systems, Mass Communication—Global Strategic Communication, Music Education, Regional Planning—Sustainability, and Medication Therapy Management.
The Working Professional Doctor of Pharmacy online degree program utilizes online learning technology, as well as regional facilities situated near the students. The program provides a consultative method for identifying drug-related problems, as well as systematically applying drug knowledge to resolve and prevent these problems. The Working Professional Doctor of Pharmacy emphasizes proactive disease-state management. The program upgrades students’ skills to the Pharm.D. level.
The online Master of Science in Pharmacy in Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program focuses on advanced pharmacotherapy of complex diseases, business and regulatory aspects of MTM, and effective communication practices. Licensed pharmacists at any degree level, including individuals who have a Pharm.D., can participate in the program.
Click here for free information about
University of Florida Online Degrees!
- Staff members provide a variety of services
- Online students have access to a career resource center
- The College of Pharmacy representatives offer a variety of assistance and services to the online students
The instructors of the Distance Learning University of Florida programs have expertise in their teaching field. UF faculty has received awards such as the Pulitzer Prize, the Smithsonian Institution’s conservation award, the Fields Medal, and NASA’s top award for research.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
University of Florida Online staff members are available to help applicants with the enrollment process. Candidates for the Working Professional Doctor of Pharmacy online degree must be licensed, practicing pharmacists. Candidates must also be registered in the jurisdiction where they practice. Pharmacists can initiate their enrollment in the Working Professional Doctor of Pharmacy program as a degree-seeking student or a non-degree seeking student. Applicants need to have a B.S. in Pharmacy from an accredited institution.
Distance Learning University of Florida staff members are available to help applicants with the enrolling process. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. The College of Pharmacy provides several awards and scholarships to students. Most of the financial aid is provided by private pharmaceutical organizations. The College of Pharmacy also provides funding through two endowments. University of Florida Online representatives help online students put together a financial aid package.