- The university has provided education for more than 40 years
- Virtual Campus recognized as the "Best of the Best" in the Education and Academia category of the 2009 Computerworld Honors Program
- Master's Advantage Program allows students to substitute two undergraduate courses for two graduate level courses
- Obtain a bachelor's or a master's degree in 18 months
- The Professional Learning Model combines theory with real-world application via a scenario-based learning approach
- Project Management Institute recognized education provider
- Accreditation provided by the Higher Learning Commission
Overview of Colorado Technical University
Colorado Technical University offers career-focused online programs in the the areas of criminal justice, business, and management, healthcare, public administration, and information technology. Academic certificates are part of every curriculum, allowing students, without taking additional classes, collect certificates to their résumés while completing their degrees.
Flexibility is the number one positive experience of online school. The live chats are archived so I can view them anytime I want if I can't attend the live chat. I love that I can pause and rewind the chat while I am viewing it. The second positive experience is having professors that never hesitate to help. I have had several professors that all have different personalities but I can always count on a prompt reply if I have a question or problem.— Sandra, V., BS in Management, Colorado Technical University Online
- College of Business and Management: Concentrations are provided in healthcare, accounting finance, international business, human resources, IT, operations management, project management, technology management, and other subjects.
- College of Health Sciences: Provides programs in healthcare management and medical billing and coding, as well as nursing (RN to BSN).
- College of Criminal Justice and Public Administration: Modules review criminal justice and paralegal studies. The criminal justice track provides a forensic study not typically provided at the undergraduate level.
- College of Information Systems and Technology: Provides concentrations in security, network management, information systems security, software systems engineering, and information technology management.
- Interdepartmental: Students can obtain an Associate of Science in General Studies.
- CTUMobile, a mobile learning channel, delivers educational materials through Web-enabled devices such as cell phones
- Students have access to the online library 24/7
- Students have access to a network of advisors, students, businesses and instructors
As a father and sole financial provider, online schooling was my only option. It wasn’t until I was laid off from my job that I realized, although I was working in the Project Management field, the only thing holding me back was the lack of a four-year degree. Online school gives me the flexibility to work and be a father without missing out on important events. The ability to travel and to work and the freedom to work from my children’s events has really given me this once in a lifetime opportunity. Something that it also shows my kids is that dad is working hard to acheive goals. It really sets the ball in motion to show them that a little extra effort will give them all they they need in their lives. Being a dad first is the greatest gift.— Richard , S., BS in Project Management , Colorado Technical University Online
The classes are taught by experienced instructors who offer real-world knowledge and expertise.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or an equivalency. Applicants for graduate degree programs are required to submit their baccalaureate transcript. Applicants need to complete a telephone interview. Financial aid is provided to those who qualify. A financial aid advisor helps students with the financial aid process.