Founded in 1855, the University of San Francisco (USF), a Jesuit Catholic university situated in San Francisco, California, is the tenth-oldest university of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, the eighth-largest Jesuit University in the United States, and the second-oldest institution for higher learning in California.
The University of San Francisco emphasizes its Jesuit mission in all the programs it provides. Students can participate in service-learning semesters, which offer academic coursework complemented with volunteer work in the San Francisco area.
The University of San Francisco is known as “The Hilltop,” due to its location on Lone Mountain, the peak of one of the major hills in San Francisco.
The university has more than 6,000 undergraduate students. The University of San Francisco has over 90 clubs and organizations, including governance, cultural, academic/professional, service, political, social, special interest, and athletic.
The University of San Francisco offers the following departments:
- The School of Education
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- The School of Management
- The School of Law
- The School of Nursing and Health Professions
The extensive student exchange program sponsors students at schools in Argentina, Belgium, England, Germany, Poland, and many other countries.
The University of San Francisco is Featured in TBS Online Program Rankings
- The 30 Best Online Master of Public Health Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master in Public Administration Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master in Sport Management Degree Programs
- The 25 Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Informatics Degree Programs