Highlights of University of the People
- Leadership includes esteemed academics from Columbia, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and more
- Small classes with personal attention
- Degrees in Computer Science, Business Administration, and Health Science (including an MBA)
- 6,000 Students enrolled from 200 countries
- University of the People is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency
Overview of the University of the People
University of the People (UoPeople) is the first non-profit, tuition-free, accredited online university. The University is dedicated to open the gates to higher education globally. The University offers two-year associate’s and four-year bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration, Computer Science, and Health Science, as well as an MBA program. UoPeople has academic partnerships with UC Berkeley, NYU, and with Yale Law School ISP. UoPeople is also affiliated with the UN, UNESCO, and Ashoka, among other international organizations. UoPeople’s corporate partners include Microsoft and HP.
- The Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degrees in Computer Science are accredited online degree programs, and provide students with in-depth knowledge and analytic skills associated with the field of IT and Computer Science.
- The Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degrees in Health Science emphasize the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to function in today’s complex and evolving healthcare environment.
- The Bachelor’s and Associate’s Degrees in Business Administration provide students with comprehensive knowledge of business theories and models and their application to real-world problems.
- The UoPeople Master of Business Administration degree program offers a hands-on approach to both business and community leadership, as part of a cutting-edge and stimulating educational experience. The UoPeople MBA instills the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to pursue personal and professional goals, as well as to excel in today’s diverse organizations. Its graduates are positioned to thrive in business, industry, government, and nonprofit management.
- University of the People has five 10-week terms in its academic year
- Tests are taken online in the last week of the term
- The University offers internship and mentorship programs by leading professionals in their fields
- A personal Program Advisor is assigned to each student to assist with any problems that might occur
- Small classes of 20–30 students each
University of the People’s faculty are leading professors, as well as distinguished professionals in their industries. They offer a high-quality, thought-provoking setting to the virtual classroom, providing their industry-based expertise. The quality online teaching by professors offers a broad range of expertise and knowledge, contributing to the top-of-the-line education for our students. Through their knowledge of education and field experience, these top educators can help students implement educational theories into real-life scenarios. Among the academics who are behind the programs are:
- Princeton University Professor and Former Dean of Social Sciences at New York University, Dr. Dalton Conley
- Dr. Russell S. Winer of NYU
- Dr. Alex Tuzhilin of NYU
- Dr. Avi Silberschatz, Professor of Computer Science, Yale University
The courses are taught by qualified instructors who come from some of the top universities worldwide to offer their services and expertise to help our students.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
University of the People does not charge students for their educational instruction, course materials, or annual enrollment. It does charge modest processing fees. For students who cannot afford even these nominal fees, UoPeople works with top corporations and organizations to provide grants and scholarships. UoPeople currently offers several options to assist students in need of financial aid. These funds are designed to meet the unique and diverse needs of its students. Click here to see all available scholarships