- 2-year accelerated computer science college in San Francisco
- Project-based learning (students learn computer science by building real-world software projects)
- Accessible tuition plans (students pay no tuition until employed)
- Alumni earn $95k average starting salary at companies including Google, Apple, and Facebook
Make School is redesigning higher education for the 21st century. Their emphasis is on ensuring relevance of education for the modern economy and accessibility to students of all backgrounds.
Students earn a Bachelor’s in Applied Computer Science while studying liberal arts, computer science theory, and product development. Their outcomes are on par with schools like Stanford and MIT with alumni working at companies including Facebook, Google, Apple and Y Combinator startups.
Students can graduate in 2 years and pay tuition through Income Share Agreements as a percentage of their salary once employed. They also provide low income students with living assistance to help cover their living expenses. 45% of their students are underrepresented students of color, while 66% are from low-mid income families.
Accreditation, Approvals, Tuition & Admissions Info
The Bachelor’s program in Applied Computer Science at Make School is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) through an incubation partnership between Make School PBC and Dominican University of California.
Since 2014, the majority of Make School students have financed their tuition with Make School's Income Share Agreement (ISA). Instead of paying tuition up front, students taking an ISA commit to paying a percentage of their income for a certain number of years after graduating (see table below.) With ISA financing, graduates only pay when they have a job making more than $60,000/year.
Admissions and Transfer Info
At Make School, they see the admissions process more as a coaching opportunity rather than a process during which they simply judge students on their skills and experiences. Make School’s mission is to ensure that every student gains the abilities needed to succeed in reaching their goals and aspirations in life - and this mission starts during the admissions process.
Make School does not charge an application fee.
- Accreditation: Regional: the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Region: California
- Public/Private: Private Public Benefit Corporation
- Address: 555 Post Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102
- Alumni’s average starting salary is $95k
- Companies including Google, Facebook, Apple, Tesla, Lyft, and LinkedIn
- Student-to-instructor ratio: 13 to 1
- Corporate partners include Facebook, Lyft and LinkedIn