- California State University’s tuition is 32% below the national average.
- CSUF graduates earn 36% more than the national average.
- Transfer students flock to CSUF more than any other public college in California.
California State University, Fullerton enrolls 39,774 students in 56 undergraduate and 54 graduate programs administered by nine colleges and departments. Students study on a 241-acre campus in Orange County, California.
For 15 of the last 18 years, community college students from California have transferred to CSUF more than any other public college in the state. CSUF offers baccalaureate degree completion programs that address the needs of transfer students, working professionals, and military personnel. CSUF also offers six professional development programs online. Students complete degrees and certificates asynchronously for maximum flexibility.
California State University, Fullerton’s Accreditation, Tuition, and Admissions Info
Accreditation and Approvals
California State University is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- Undergraduate: $3,447 for 7+ credits
- Graduate: $4,164 for 7+ credits
- Undergraduate and Graduate Out-of-State: Add $396/credit
Admission requirements vary by program. First-year undergraduate applicants must submit school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores. Since CSUF does not accept lower-division credits, transfer students need at least 60 transferable credits.
Graduate applicants must submit official school transcripts and test scores — GRE or GMAT — as required by individual programs.
- Percentage of students receiving scholarships or financial aid: 68%
- Date founded: 1957
- Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Full-Time Freshman Retention Rate: 80.9%
- Required Standardized Test(s): SAT or ACT for undergraduates; GRE or GMAT for graduates
- Public/Private: Public
- Acceptance Rate: 43.4%
- Graduation Rate: 25.5% in four years; 67% in six years
- Athletics: NCAA Division I
- Mascot: Tuffy the Titan (elephant)
- Colors: Blue, white, and orange
- Address: 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, CA, 92831-3599, USA
- Phone Number: (657) 278-2011
- Social Media: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram
Online Degrees Offered
Cal State Fullerton online offers bachelor’s degree completion programs in sociology, business administration, and humanities and social sciences. Its teacher education programs focus on professional development areas, including added authorizations for autism and postsecondary reading and learning.