Talk about two of the most important careers! OK, so we will. It's both…
National Nurses Week, May 6-12, 2017
Teacher Appreciation Week, May 8-12, 2017
…so, if you know any teachers or nurses—and you should, since there are ~3.5 million teachers and ~3 million nurses—give them a hug and thank them for all their hard work.
The National PTA suggests the following additional online ways to show a teacher you care:
- Share photos and your activities during the week by using the hashtag #ThankATeacher on social media
- On Thursday, upload a #TBT ("throwback Thursday"—recalling the past) of you and your favorite teacher and thank them using the official hashtag #ThankATeacher
Meanwhile, the American Nurses Association suggests (with more info at NursingWorld.org):
- Share tweets and posts that use this hashtag: #nursesweek
- Show your gratitude with a branded "Thank-You Card"
- Give every nurse a certificate of appreciation or hang display banners throughout the office
Interested in either of these two great careers? Check out our top additional resources on related degree programs, schools, and jobs:
- The Medical and Healthcare Degrees Source: Online, Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's (including Careers)
- The 50 Best RN to BSN Online Programs
- Education Careers
- The 30 Best Online Teaching Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Early Childhood Education Degree Programs
- The 20 Best Online Master of Education Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Elementary Education Degree Programs
- The 30 Best Online Master's in Special Education Degree Programs
- The Escalante–Gradillas Prize for Best in Education
So, go ahead and give a teacher or nurse you know a shout-out on their special week!