Highlights of Grand Canyon University
- Recognized as providing some of the nation's best online programs by notable sources such as Technology & Learning Magazine, Fortune Small Business, Fox.com, and more
- Emphasizes individual attention
- The campus has modern dormitories
- Wellness housing does not allow alcohol, drugs, or smoking
- Accreditation provided by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association
Overview of Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University, located in Phoenix, Arizona, is a private non-denominational Christian University. The university offers a variety of bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs through its campus and online. The school provides over 60 degrees programs, all based in the Christian heritage. The campus includes colleges specializing in business, nursing & health sciences, liberal arts, and entrepreneurship.
In response to a vote to establish a college by the Baptist General Convention of Arizona, Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949. The university was sold in 2004 to Significant Education, becoming the first for-profit Christian college in the United States.
Grand Canyon University is comprised of four separate colleges:
- The College of Nursing & Health Sciences: The BSN program includes five semesters of clinical studies. The program's objective is to provide students the required skills to reach a professional level. The Health Science division qualifies students for specific graduate programs, necessary to complete their medical education. The classes are taught within the framework of Christian values.
- The College of Liberal Arts: Provides a wide array of education programs. The school believes a liberal arts education should train the mind, body and spirit for a good job and a good life.
- The Ken Blanchard College of Business: Provides traditional undergraduate programs, an executive MBA and customized programs. The college emphasizes servant leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- The College of Education: The college prepare students to work ethically in their jobs and to establish high standards in their company or organization.
- Students have access to a wide array of social activities and community outreach programs.
- The student website provides a variety of information.
- Students have access to an exercise and wellness facility.
- The school participates in ten NCAA sports.
- Provides career services.
- Provides technical support.
The students are taught by experienced, qualified professors. The teachers provide a curriculum based in the Christian heritage. The instructors help students with their spiritual and educational development.
Admissions and Financial Aid Information
The university is based in Christian ideals; however, Grand Canyon University doesn't ask students their religious preference during the application process and doesn't choose students for admission based on their religion. Financial aid is provided to those who qualify.